Office of Communications Formed in Reorganization
The college’s Print Shop, graphics design and TV/video production unit, formerly referred to as Creative Media Services, has been reorganized under a new name that encompasses a broader focus. The Office of Communications promotes the mission, identity and reputation of SUNY Oneonta by presenting the college to the public through a variety of media. The staff:
• develops and distribute news releases;
• helps the news media cover important stories;
• creates and places print, web and radio advertising;
• produces videos and publications that promote the college;
• photographs events and people; and
• plans long-term strategies for institutional communications.
As a new service launched this semester, the Office of Communications also produces free name tags for conferences that bring students and faculty from other institutions to our campus.